Thursday, March 3, 2011

Service Engagement

A part of our team's training branch's out of the classroom and allows to to get some hands-on experience in our area of service and in working with one another.  Since we are going to be working with orphans in Russia, our service engagement project took place at Real Life, an after school program in Marion, IN that attracts a lot of disadvantaged kids.
My team split up into different groups: some worked out a skit in which they told a Bible story, another group spent time with specific age groups, and a few people and I stuck around in the gym to help lead games.  It was a wild time.  Loads and loads of rambunctious kids, but we had lots of fun playing Sharks and Minnows and Dodgeball.  I enjoyed getting to know my teammates a little better by getting to see each other in action.  I was able to identify some people's strengths and see where other people might prefer to do more behind the scenes work.
Next week, we're meeting our leaders (Jim and April) for dinner in Indy and I think that will also bring about a different kind of bonding time for us as our date of departure now grows nearer.

Our fundraising is currently at around 45% (which is good) and thank you so much again for how astoundingly you have given! I am truly blessed to have such faithful supporters.  

No comments: