Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Latest

Since we finished our Krio lessons, we have extra free time in the afternoons with which we are to "expect to get out what we put in". Here's how I'm filling my time.

This weekend I met a lady at International Bible Study who's a Lutheran pastor from America working with the Lutheran church in Sierra Leone. I mentioned that I had worked at camp for the past few years and that I had some extra time on my hands, so yesterday I met with the National Youth Director and he and I talked for a bit. This Sunday I'm going to talk up the idea of outdoor ministries for him at a meeting and during the week I'm going to hang out with some of the local youth in Aberdeen and help them with computer/internet skills.
When I'm not doing that (because it does take sometime to get out to Aberdeen- sometimes 40 minutes cramped in a poda-poda) I'll probably be playing foosball with some guys just outside of Kroo Bay. I went down there last week and was introduced to a young man who after telling me his named, announced that this was his street. Meaning he's the gang leader who's the main authority in the area. I decided to let him win the first game- just kidding, he was actually way better than me, but I can beat some of the younger guys and I tied the head guy once.

Fun times. We're still continuing with Servant Team Bible studies and book discussions. We're also working on our ministry proposals and I have a personal research project I want to do. I'll tell you more about each of those when I have them more figured out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's exciting Ben. Clearly The Way has been prepared for you! God has already placed the leaders of ministries and the lost in your path- you're up! Chosen! Time for action. Rest in His strength. Love, Dad