Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Still trying...

(Trying in Krio means to do your best... I know it has other connotation in English)

For those of you who prayed that I would be able to continue working whole-heartedly here in Freetown up until the last day, I think our prayers are answered. Ever since we got back from the retreat, we've been very busy from planning the Christmas story skit for the Kroo Bay Christmas party, to taking part in that crazy Saturday, and squeezing everything else in these last days.
One thing that was very interesting was that Jan, in proposing his idea for what we should do in Lighthouse this week and next was that we send the boys out for evangelism and service. Since this is more or less the topic of my entire ministry proposal I've been working on for a month, I volunteered to help him, and we've been putting some things together to integrate the Christmas story into the impetus for missions. It's exciting to see my proposal taking place even before I'm done writing it and planning for things that will happen after I've left. Things like this keep me very involved and I'm glad for the chance to help out all the way to the end.
Today we're having our farewell party with the kids we tutored and Friday will be our last day playing with Remie and Saidu. Monday will be our last full day and I think Tuesday will be mostly cleaning and packing. I'm ready to be home, but not so ready that I'm not still trying here.
Thank you for all your prayers!

No comments: