Sunday, April 10, 2011

Russia Finale

All in all, it was an excellent trip.  This was so different from my other missions trips because this time, I was in the leadership position. I appreciated more the aspect of being able to consider the team to be my ministry charge.  Watching the students stretch themselves and have all sorts of lightbulb moments was really cool.  I was very proud of them. The kids were cute and fun, our Russian friends were interesting: the classic European who sort of believes in God and yet got to tell the Gospel through us and then ask questions.  I think my friends had some new thoughts as they spoke for me when I asked the kids if they wanted to believe in Jesus.  



Also, our day in Moscow was great.  Seeing the Kremlin, Red Square and St. Basil's Cathedral was really cool and tickled my history bone quite a bit.  Then leading the team back through the airports and maze of international travel went well. 

It's things like this that make me love what I'm doing.  I'm not always super enthused about my classes this semester but when I look back on leading the Foundations Discussion group this fall, hall directing in J-Term and leading this trip, I know I could do this for the rest of my life.

No comments: