Things have been very difficult. Kristin, my co-leader, has been having a lot of trouble getting sleep at night and she seems much more worried than normal about what we're doing. We found out recently that some side effects of her anti-malarial medicine are insomnia and severe anxiety. I along with our hosts and Lighthouse leadership back in the States have decided to take her off the medicine and send her to Cuenca where Taylor has more connections and she can rest. But Lighthouse has seen this before and it can take a while to recover from.
In order to keep myself from being buried under all the stress I have delegated out some of Kristin's responsibilities to some of the older students whom I trust and I have asked our hosts to give us a little bit more break time (because I am in danger of burning myself out). So I think things will be all right. In fact, I feel an incredible sense of peace about it that I know can only be from God. I know you are all praying for me and I thank you so much... I need it now more than ever.
In order to keep myself from being buried under all the stress I have delegated out some of Kristin's responsibilities to some of the older students whom I trust and I have asked our hosts to give us a little bit more break time (because I am in danger of burning myself out). So I think things will be all right. In fact, I feel an incredible sense of peace about it that I know can only be from God. I know you are all praying for me and I thank you so much... I need it now more than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment