Thursday, January 12, 2012

Painting, Nurseries, and Parties

These next few days were full of great times of ministry and fun events in the evening.  Since Kristin was in Cuenca, I typed up some descriptions to send to her so that she could stay  in the loop and I reproduce them here for you now.


While we were in Santa Rosa (an even smaller town nearer to the coast), we painted a mural of Jesus talking with some children. That day was a very hot day, but we got a lot of good work done. In thanks, Verbo Church in Santa Rosa gave us a farewell service in the evening. It was smaller and less loud that their Guabo counterpart, but still vibrant and full of energy.




The next day we spent much of our time playing with young children in local nurseries. Our time at the nurseries were a bit rushed because we had so many to go to. At each one we handed the basket of fruit to the head woman and I told her that we wanted the kids to eat it and that we were thankful for them letting us come. Each nursery offered some really cute kids and not enough time.


After dinner, the Verbo Guabo youth group came to our dining area and we watched a video of some ministry they've done recently and then Chris led us all in worship. We sang some songs (like God of this City) in Spanish and English at the same time and it was SO beautiful! I was tearing up a bit. Joao talked for a bit, but it turned out that we were not teaching on evangelism as we had been told... so we had a dance party! Really it started as a dance-off in which Joao told us that the Guabo kids would dance and then it was up to us to do better. They had a rehearsed thing with breakdancing that was super sweet... but then we answered with amazing energy! Chris had an idea to start us off and so he mimed with Glenn and then we all danced and randomly came up with things we could do together. It was astoundingly coordinated and after Juan (our translator) asked us how long we had been rehearsing it for! I was amazed! I guess we've just gotten really good at performing on the fly. I really hope one of our hosts got a video that I can send on.

No comments: