Our team spent yesterday traveling and arrived in Upland precisely 4 seconds before 11:30 PM (poor Chris had predicted we'd be back at that minute and was distraught that he was only four seconds off... so we all knew our exact time of arrival).
I can post a little bit of a wrap up on the trip later, but I wanted to let you know that I am writing this from my house in Upland, IN and all the travel went relatively smooth. Debriefing with the students began well the night before last and I think it will be a really good process in the days to come.
You can help in this process... if any of my readers are receiving students (or me) back into their homes! Ask deeper questions that just "How was it?" and be ready for them to have a need to adjust to being back home. I know I was really well prepared for my transition home from Sierra Leone two years ago and the intentional things my family and I did really helped me come back well. So thank you for continuing to support my team in the way!
I can post a little bit of a wrap up on the trip later, but I wanted to let you know that I am writing this from my house in Upland, IN and all the travel went relatively smooth. Debriefing with the students began well the night before last and I think it will be a really good process in the days to come.
You can help in this process... if any of my readers are receiving students (or me) back into their homes! Ask deeper questions that just "How was it?" and be ready for them to have a need to adjust to being back home. I know I was really well prepared for my transition home from Sierra Leone two years ago and the intentional things my family and I did really helped me come back well. So thank you for continuing to support my team in the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment